SB live audio problem with captured video sound

Old May 27th 05, 03:08 PM
Gordon Abbot

Default SB live audio problem with captured video sound

SB live value, win xp, wintvgo capture card.

Sound is fine with all programs except captured video sound. It does not
matter what program I use to capture or if the input is line in or
tuner, the sound is weak and sounds like it is coming from the bottom of
a well. Video is fine.

I ran the creative diagnostic and it said hardware not found. I took the
card out, cleaned the contacts, re installed it (twice) and still got
the no hardware found. In device manager I removed sb live and let
windows reinstall it. Still no hardware found and still have the
captured video sound problem.

When played back in the capture program, I do get the weak, garbled
sound, but in windows media player, with sound at max, get a trace of
sound but not much.

I made sure sound was not muted both in wintv and also volume settings.

I do have an Nvidia video card, but have not had any problems with
captured video before, but that was also with win 98se. I did get good
sound with xp, so problem is recent.

Any help appreciated.

GA
--
My address is spoofed, so do not reply directly.
Old May 29th 05, 12:45 PM
Gordon Abbot

Gordon Abbot wrote:
[...]

fixed it.

GA

--
My address is spoofed, so do not reply directly.
Old July 9th 05, 12:00 AM
tbl

On Sun, 29 May 2005 07:45:46 -0400, Gordon Abbot
wrote:

Gordon Abbot wrote:
SB live value, win xp, wintvgo capture card.

Sound is fine with all programs except captured video sound. It does not
matter what program I use to capture or if the input is line in or
tuner, the sound is weak and sounds like it is coming from the bottom of
a well. Video is fine.

.. [...]

fixed it.

There are probably folks here who would love to hear more about
the fix... if you've got the time to post it.

Thanks,

--
tbl