future CPUs from AMD and Intel

Old May 21st 17, 05:07 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default future CPUs from AMD and Intel

On Sat, 20 May 2017 20:58:44 -0400, Flasherly
wrote:

including stock, may require research
and an additional cost outlay for a suitable replacement.

Just checked mine. Two CoolerMasters, both oldies but goodies: one
model is a 1) circa socket 478, 2 contained heatwick pipes, ie 4
risers on each side, other's 2) a 4-pipe version, the more modern "EVO
style" with twice the fan-size capacity of the above (think
grapefruits). Home respectively to AMD2+ and Intel 775 socketed MBs.
(Two older quadcores CPUs.)

I've already spinning safety-wire pliers (used a lot in military for
such as aircraft, to double-secure fasteners for equipment in rugged
usage with spun or twisted solid wire). All I'll need is a hand
egg-beater drill to drill out a new MB's socket.

Those both are damn good coolers. The early EVO style, especially
(the Intel CPU never deviates more than a few degrees above ambient).
But I won't be a happy camper if I get a AMD3+ socket that's a few
millimeters off for the CoolerMasters' clip/catches to those fans.
I'll figure out something on the last-ditch CPU cooler swap-show, or
at least give a hard shot at it first;- be another story of course if
it didn't hold up to six- possibly 8-cores loaded and encoding,
full-bore, maybe some heavy-duty chained audio processing.

Right. SomeJB Weld, eh.