Need a new ATI/AMD video card for an old Windows XP Pro. SP3 machine.

Old December 17th 12, 07:00 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Default Need a new ATI/AMD video card for an old Windows XP Pro. SP3 machine.

.... Since I think my current old ATI Radeon 4870 video card (PCIe) seems
to be dying, I will need to replace it very soon.

I read that ATI/AMD doesn't make newer cards and drivers for old Windows
XP Pro. SP3 even though MS still support it. What's the highest NEW
video card model I can go with it for cheap? I would like something
faster and more power efficient than my dying video card. I rarely play
computer games these days and if I do, it would only be at 1280x1024
resolution on an old 19" LCD monitor (will get a bigger one when it has

Thank you in advance.
"... The press can hold its magnifying glass up to our problems,
bringing them into focus, illuminating issues heretofore unseen. Or they
can use that magnifying glass to light ants on fire, and then perhaps
host a week of shows on the sudden, unexpected, dangerous flaming ant
epidemic. If we amplify everything, we hear nothing..." --Jon Stewart
from Rally to Restore Sanity on 10/30/2010.
| |o o| |