Storage array to DWDM direct attach Q...

Old June 9th 13, 09:06 PM posted to comp.arch.storage
[email protected]

Default Storage array to DWDM direct attach Q...

El jueves, 3 de julio de 2003 20:02:00 UTC-4, Milton Vega escribió:
Hi:

Im trying to connect two Hitachi HDS 9960's to each other
over DWDM (for TrueCopy). Im not having much success.
Perhaps someone can spot something, so here is the config:

Im going straight from the Hitachi 9960 FC ports
(GSE ports) to the Adva DWDM ports (Adva model FSP-3000).
By "going straight", I mean there is a 62.5um home-run
cable between the two units (there is no intermediate
FC-SW switch in between).

On the Hitachi 9960 boxes, I set the protocol to be
FibreChannel Point-to-Point/No-Fabric. I have also
tried FC-AL/No-Fabric. In both cases I made sure the
address on each end is different (EF(0) on one end,
and E8(1) on the other). So these are the protocols
that are attempting to right-the-light.

Am I missing something.

BWT... an FC-SW switch will come later so that the DWDM
links can host generic SAN traffic (not just TrueCopy
traffic). But I dont have it now.

Any ideas as to why the signals are not syncing up
(as comfirmed by both the Adva box and the Hitachi box).
The light levels look good BTW.

TIA,
Milton