Connecting SATA external drive to DVR

Old January 26th 07, 04:34 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
oozzzii

Default Connecting SATA external drive to DVR

Hello,

So I find my self in a bind, suggested a friend buy an external sata
drive from buy.com as it appeared to be a bargain. When it arrived I
tried to install it only to find that it came with sata cable not esata
(as the dvr expected).

I'm now trying to get myself out of this mess but I'm relatively new in
dealing with esata/sata type storage. Did some reading on the standards
and think the following might do the trick but I'm not 100% sure. It
appears that this can connect to the esata port on the DVR and give me
a SATA port to connect to the drive.

I'm hoping someone more knowledable can help me on this...will
appreciate it.

http://www.buy.com/prod/ESATA_SATA_C.../10406586.html

Features
Manufacturer Addonics Technologies
Manufacturer Part Number AASA2SAP15C
Cable Length 5.91"
Number of Connectors 2
Product Name eSATA to SATA Converter Cable
Connector Details 1 x 7-pin eSATA
1 x 7-pin Serial ATA
Product Type Cable External

Old January 27th 07, 01:48 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Arno Wagner

Previously oozzzii wrote:
[...]

Yes, this should solve your problem.

Arno
Old February 1st 07, 05:21 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
oozzzii

http://www.buy.com/prod/ESATA_SATA_C...M/q/loc/101/10...
Features
Manufacturer Addonics Technologies
Manufacturer Part Number AASA2SAP15C
Cable Length 5.91"
Number of Connectors 2
Product Name eSATA to SATA Converter Cable
Connector Details 1 x 7-pin eSATA
1 x 7-pin Serial ATA
Product Type Cable External

Yes, this should solve your problem.