Acer- Wal-Mart $348 Special

Old November 2nd 07, 12:36 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
[email protected]

Default Acer- Wal-Mart $348 Special

In store special starting tomorrow..
Can it be upgraded to 2 g ram?
Is it worth the money?

--
The Verminator

Old November 4th 07, 12:51 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Superunknown

On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 17:36:41 -0700, "
wrote:

In store special starting tomorrow..
Can it be upgraded to 2 g ram?
Is it worth the money?

I bought one and it seems to be a real good deal for what you get.
Although you only get about 36 g of free space (80 g advertised),
that`s enough for me. It will no doubt increase after uninstalling all
of the cripple-ware.

To answer your question, it can be upgraded to 2 g but I have a
feeling that you may have to upgrade to Vista Premium for anything
more. I seem to recall a post from the "Google Groups Archive" about
someone trying to install 4 g but needing V.P.
I'm sure Acer online support can answer that for sure.
Good Luck

SU
Old November 4th 07, 02:08 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Han

Superunknown [email protected]? wrote in news:[email protected]
4ax.com:

wrote:

In store special starting tomorrow..
Can it be upgraded to 2 g ram?
Is it worth the money?

I bought one and it seems to be a real good deal for what you get.
Although you only get about 36 g of free space (80 g advertised),
that`s enough for me. It will no doubt increase after uninstalling all
of the cripple-ware.

To answer your question, it can be upgraded to 2 g but I have a
feeling that you may have to upgrade to Vista Premium for anything
more. I seem to recall a post from the "Google Groups Archive" about
someone trying to install 4 g but needing V.P.
I'm sure Acer online support can answer that for sure.
Good Luck

SU

I bought an Aspire 3680 with Vista Home Basic, and added RAM up to 2 GB.
Total cost ~US$500. It does most of what I want it to do, but is slow as
molasses, in spite of the 2GB RAM. Part of that is caused by the Verizon
ActionTec 1424WR slow wireless, but most is due to the slow Celeron
processor. I wish I could exchange the processor, but can't find info on
it (haven't looked too hard). All in all I'm sort ofsatisfied with it,
but then it isn't really my main machine.
--
Best regards
Han
Old November 4th 07, 04:58 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
[email protected]

wrote:
In store special starting tomorrow..
Can it be upgraded to 2 g ram?
Is it worth the money?

I bought one and it seems to be a real good deal for what you get.
Although you only get about 36 g of free space (80 g advertised),
that`s enough for me. It will no doubt increase after uninstalling all
of the cripple-ware.

To answer your question, it can be upgraded to 2 g but I have a
feeling that you may have to upgrade to Vista Premium for anything
more. I seem to recall a post from the "Google Groups Archive" about
someone trying to install 4 g but needing V.P.
I'm sure Acer online support can answer that for sure.
Good Luck

SU

I'm planning to add a 500 gig MyBook external drive. The main use will
be as a second monitor for transcription word more than anything else.
I'm not even interested in running Aero as it just slows down my
genealogy software.

Old November 5th 07, 06:10 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Drummer_One

wrote:

In store special starting tomorrow..
Can it be upgraded to 2 g ram?
Is it worth the money?

I bought one and it seems to be a real good deal for what you get.
Although you only get about 36 g of free space (80 g advertised),
that`s enough for me. It will no doubt increase after uninstalling all
of the cripple-ware.

the system restore files and vista are using the rest....

To answer your question, it can be upgraded to 2 g but I have a
feeling that you may have to upgrade to Vista Premium for anything
more.

no, the laptop is a celeron,2 gigs is it....