XPS 420 at WalMart

Old May 24th 08, 11:02 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

Default XPS 420 at WalMart

I was at the WalMart today and was shocked to see a package with the
XPS420, 3GB, Q6600 Quad Core and a 19" LCD for $999.

Not a fantastic price, but not bad for something you can take home with
you.

I was surprised to see the XPS models at a discount store.

Old May 25th 08, 12:13 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
RnR[_2_]

On Sat, 24 May 2008 22:02:35 GMT, "Tom Scales"
wrote:

I was at the WalMart today and was shocked to see a package with the
XPS420, 3GB, Q6600 Quad Core and a 19" LCD for $999.

Not a fantastic price, but not bad for something you can take home with
you.

I was surprised to see the XPS models at a discount store.

Next time I'm in Walmart I'll have to check to see if this is true in
my area or just yours. I agree with you that it's a nice way to walk
out with a system right away.
Old May 25th 08, 04:43 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Timothy Drouillard

One possible thing to consider.

I expect that in accordance with standard Dell rules, and Dell that is
purchased from a retail out will be supported by that retail outlet and not
by Dell directly.

Old May 25th 08, 05:59 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
BigJim

what kind of video card did dell put in it?
news:[email protected]

Old May 25th 08, 02:32 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis[_3_]

"BigJim" wrote in message
what kind of video card did dell put in it?

I suspect the default ATI 2400 HD Pro / 128mb, especially at that price with
a 19" LCD included.

Some of these bundles are showing up on ebay still sealed in the box.

Old May 25th 08, 02:34 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis[_3_]

"Timothy Drouillard" wrote in message
One possible thing to consider.

I expect that in accordance with standard Dell rules, and Dell that is
purchased from a retail out will be supported by that retail outlet and
not by Dell directly.

I would think that's not correct. Other than maybe handling an early system
return to the store, I've not read nor heard where any retailer is providing
warranty coverage either for or in place of Dell.

If anyone knows differently, please post a link.

Old May 25th 08, 03:59 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

Good question -- I didn't notice. I'd bet a pretty low-end card.

Posted At: Sunday, May 25, 2008 12:00 AM
Posted To: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Conversation: XPS 420 at WalMart
Subject: XPS 420 at WalMart

what kind of video card did dell put in it?
news:[email protected]

Old May 25th 08, 04:01 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales