Kodak Hero 3 Printer Trouble

Old August 27th 17, 02:04 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

Default Kodak Hero 3 Printer Trouble

On Sun, 27 Aug 2017 08:34:24 -0400, Paul

On Sat, 26 Aug 2017 12:39:40 -0400, Paul

I love this printer. Now suddenly it only prints grey, whether color
or b&w. I put in new cartridges - same result. Anything I can try?
I'd sure like to keep the printer.
Thanks

JW
It has a "Restore to factory defaults", if you're not
making progress.

http://resources.kodak.com/support/s...1330c9s5.shtml

Paul

Thanks.
Tried it - no improvement. I wonder if the black cartridge is bad, or
its printer socket is plugged? It's a new cartridge. Re-manuf. tho
JW

Also, there is a FAQ entry on the Kodak site, that says
when printing black and white, it cannot make "dark black" without
adding a tiny bit of ink from the color cart. Which isn't really
consistent with some of the examples here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CMYK_color_model

Your "suddenly printing grey" would mean that the color one
isn't working at all, and the printer cannot make a good
black without it.

Paul

I think I must have said something wrong. I was thinking it was the
black. I wonder what the test pattern is supposed to look like -
after I ran the calibration. My pattern is a single page of
different-sized boxes in three colors:
pink
blue
yellow
gray (a few)

The subsequent 'test page' has six larger color boxes:
yellow
light yellow
light blue
blue
red
light red

plus one or maybe two thin black lines

Just sayin'

JW

Old August 27th 17, 08:26 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul[_26_]

wrote:
[...]

blue C
pink M
yellow Y
gray (a few) K

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CMYK_color_model

If the test page prints all of those, the carts are working.

There's got to be something wrong with the driver
or the printing software. Even if you use B&W, it
uses a bit of CMY combined to darken the K.

Paul
Old September 19th 17, 12:51 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

On Sun, 27 Aug 2017 15:26:23 -0400, Paul

[...]

Sorry for delay.
I bought a print head for the printer in the hope that it would fix
the problem. Even with new cart's it still will not print and black -
even black text. Colors are not good - mostly light blue only.
Oh well,
Thanks anyway
JW

Problem with Kodak Printer Phil McCracken Dell Computers 13 March 22nd 10 07:45 PM
Kodak 8110 Printer Odie[_2_] Printers 0 February 13th 08 03:15 AM
New Kodak Printer questions theChas. Printers 14 January 18th 08 10:58 PM
Kodak printer review TJ Printers 3 November 20th 07 12:49 AM
WTD: Cheapest place for PPM 200 Kodak printer G UK Computer Vendors 0 January 18th 04 08:12 PM