pci.sys address error

Old August 21st 06, 10:11 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Richard Saudargas

Default pci.sys address error

I am getting a pci.sys address error when I try to install WinXP on a new
system (Intel975BX MB, conroe6600 processor). I installed a 800XL, which I
have put in a couple of different slots and get the same error. The error
seems to be related to the video card. I've gone into the BIOS and changed
the video settings but to no avail.

Any thoughts.

thanks

Old August 22nd 06, 12:27 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
First of One

http://forums.windrivers.com/showthread.php?t=63219
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic16553.html
http://hardware.mcse.ms/message111886.html

Are you using the original WinXP disc without any service packs? Apparently
you need a slipstreamed SP1 or SP2 disc to get a PCIe video card to
function. (WinXP debuted in 2001...)

Make your own slipstream disc he
http://www.theeldergeek.com/slipstreamed_xpsp2_cd.htm

. ..

Old August 23rd 06, 02:30 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Richard Saudargas

You are correct. I first tried, a few times, the original XP disc, but
fortunately had an XP upgrade disc with SP2 on it, and that worked fine, so
I'm up and running. The little things they don't tell you.

thanks for responding.

Rich

RAM problem Alb Asus Motherboards 9 January 31st 06 01:48 PM
RAID-1 and bad sectors? [email protected] Storage (alt) 46 January 13th 06 01:24 AM
Long hard drive access times... Random Person General 13 August 2nd 05 11:49 PM
my new mobo o/c's great rockerrock Overclocking AMD Processors 10 June 30th 04 08:17 PM
Problems installing Nvidia drivers on SuSE Linux 9.1 with kernel2.6.7 with gcc 3.3.3 Tamer Nvidia Videocards 3 June 23rd 04 11:53 AM