Disabled secdonary monitor gets "scrambled" picture when playinggames

Old August 24th 06, 05:16 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
PM

Default Disabled secdonary monitor gets "scrambled" picture when playinggames

I have two monitors (a 20.1" LCD on the left as the primary and a 17"
CRT on the right as the secondary). In Windows 2D mode, I have this set
up as an extended desktop. However, I only want the 20.1" LCD to be
active when playing a game.

I have no probem disabling the second monitor in Windows, but once it
launches into 3D mode, I get a scrambled/blotchy image on the secondary
monitor. Why in the world is my card outputting to a monitor that is
disabled??

I have the Catalyst 8.273.0.0 drivers from July. Anyone know what the
hell is going on? Thanks!
Old August 24th 06, 05:17 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
PM

PM wrote:
I have two monitors (a 20.1" LCD on the left as the primary and a 17"
CRT on the right as the secondary). In Windows 2D mode, I have this set
up as an extended desktop. However, I only want the 20.1" LCD to be
active when playing a game.

I have no probem disabling the second monitor in Windows, but once it
launches into 3D mode, I get a scrambled/blotchy image on the secondary
monitor. Why in the world is my card outputting to a monitor that is
disabled??

I have the Catalyst 8.273.0.0 drivers from July. Anyone know what the
hell is going on? Thanks!

Forgot to add that I have a Radeon9800 Pro.