Intel's agreement with the FTC

Old August 27th 10, 02:51 AM posted to comp.sys.intel,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

Default Intel's agreement with the FTC

On 26/08/2010 10:29 AM, Robert Myers wrote:
On Aug 26, 1:07 am, Yousuf wrote:
So "scummy behaviour" is a judgment only god can make, now? Is it one of
the ten commandments: "Thou shalt not conduct thine behaviour scummily?

The eighth commandment, as Lutherans and RC's count, is "Thou shalt
not bear false witness against thy neighbor." If you are going to
accuse someone of something, you'd best have God-like certainty of
your standing to do so.

Ah, I see, so even scripture isn't above your spin-doctoring? That
commandment is quite obviously about committing perjury, and you've
turned it into "only god can know what went on"? Sorry god will never
take the witness stand, but trials are somehow still conducted and
verdicts rendered.

People like Chris speak as if their own judgments reflected some
obvious conclusion that anyone would draw. Leaving beliefs in the
supernatural entirely aside, Chris demonstrates over and over again
that he does not understand even the stated beliefs of our culture and
thus is an unlikely person to be proposing moral judgments (as
scripture would see it, in the place of God).

Get over it, Intel was found guilty by literally every authority who has
judged them so far. Not even god can disagree with that.

Yousuf Khan
Old August 27th 10, 02:06 PM posted to comp.sys.intel,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Robert Myers

On Aug 26, 1:07 am, Yousuf *wrote:
So "scummy behaviour" is a judgment only god can make, now? Is it one of
the ten commandments: "Thou shalt not conduct thine behaviour scummily?

The eighth commandment, as Lutherans and RC's count, is "Thou shalt
not bear false witness against thy neighbor." *If you are going to
accuse someone of something, you'd best have God-like certainty of
your standing to do so.

Ah, I see, so even scripture isn't above your spin-doctoring? That
commandment is quite obviously about committing perjury, and you've
turned it into "only god can know what went on"? Sorry god will never
take the witness stand, but trials are somehow still conducted and
verdicts rendered.

E-mail me privately, and I will show you the catechism. It isn't
about only God can know what went on. It's about defaming others
falsely, something you do regularly.

People like Chris speak as if their own judgments reflected some
obvious conclusion that anyone would draw. *Leaving beliefs in the
supernatural entirely aside, Chris demonstrates over and over again
that he does not understand even the stated beliefs of our culture and
thus is an unlikely person to be proposing moral judgments (as
scripture would see it, in the place of God).

Get over it, Intel was found guilty by literally every authority who has
judged them so far. Not even god can disagree with that.

You don't understand how consent decrees work and you never will.
You're hopeless. Signing a consent agreement almost never involves an
admission of guilt. A "finding" of guilt requires a criminal
proceeding and a verdict. What you are engaged in here is corporate
defamation, a tort, for which you could be sued.

Robert.
Old August 28th 10, 03:40 PM posted to comp.sys.intel,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Yousuf Khan

On Aug 26, 1:07 am, Yousuf wrote:
So "scummy behaviour" is a judgment only god can make, now? Is it one of
the ten commandments: "Thou shalt not conduct thine behaviour scummily?

The eighth commandment, as Lutherans and RC's count, is "Thou shalt
not bear false witness against thy neighbor." If you are going to
accuse someone of something, you'd best have God-like certainty of
your standing to do so.

Ah, I see, so even scripture isn't above your spin-doctoring? That
commandment is quite obviously about committing perjury, and you've
turned it into "only god can know what went on"? Sorry god will never
take the witness stand, but trials are somehow still conducted and
verdicts rendered.

E-mail me privately, and I will show you the catechism. It isn't
about only God can know what went on. It's about defaming others
falsely, something you do regularly.

Circular logic, I corrected you by saying it's about perjury and you
agree with it, without admitting it. Is that your consent decree?

People like Chris speak as if their own judgments reflected some
obvious conclusion that anyone would draw. Leaving beliefs in the
supernatural entirely aside, Chris demonstrates over and over again
that he does not understand even the stated beliefs of our culture and
thus is an unlikely person to be proposing moral judgments (as
scripture would see it, in the place of God).

Get over it, Intel was found guilty by literally every authority who has
judged them so far. Not even god can disagree with that.

You don't understand how consent decrees work and you never will.
You're hopeless. Signing a consent agreement almost never involves an
admission of guilt. A "finding" of guilt requires a criminal
proceeding and a verdict. What you are engaged in here is corporate
defamation, a tort, for which you could be sued.

Robert.

You mean god is gonna sue me?

Yousuf Khan
Old August 29th 10, 02:15 AM posted to comp.sys.intel,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Robert Myers

On Aug 26, 1:07 am, Yousuf * *wrote:
[...]

http://www.vatican.va/archive/catechism/p3s2c2a8.htm

"The eighth commandment forbids misrepresenting the truth in our
relations with others."

Nothing about swearing. Nothing about perjury. We have not
agreed. You have said that Intel was "found guilty." It wasn't.
You have misrepresented the truth regarding Intel.

Luther's Small Catechism goes much further in interpreting the Eighth
Commandment as condemning the kind of behavior you regularly
indulge. I'm sure I could find something similar in the Institutes
of Religion (Calvin), with which I am much less familiar.

None of this has anything to do with circular logic. You set yourself
up as a moral judge, made false statements regarding Intel, and thus
condemned yourself.

You could plausibly argue that scripture and its normative
interpreters are no longer relevant to a discussion of moral
discourse, but that would be your only recourse.

Robert.
Old August 31st 10, 04:19 PM posted to comp.sys.intel,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Sebastian Kaliszewski[_5_]

Robert Myers wrote:
None of this has anything to do with circular logic. You set yourself
up as a moral judge, made false statements regarding Intel, and thus
condemned yourself.

First of all, Intel is not a being.

Second, Mr Myers, may I remind you about 2nd commandnment?

rgds
\SK
--
"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity" -- L. Lang
Old August 31st 10, 04:24 PM posted to comp.sys.intel,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Sebastian Kaliszewski[_5_]

Robert Myers wrote:
Intel hasn't damaged anything.

Oh, sure. Just because Mr. Myers said that

rgds
\SK
Old September 1st 10, 05:57 AM posted to comp.sys.intel
computerlaptop[_4_]

The Federal Trade Commission approved a settlement with Intel Corp. that
resolves charges the company illegally stifled competition in the market
for computer chips. Intel has agreed to provisions that will open the
door to renewed competition and prevent Intel from suppressing
competition in the future.

--
computerlaptop