Help CD ROM trouble

Old July 5th 03, 12:26 PM
Edward J. Neth

Default Help CD ROM trouble

Try cleaning the drive with a cleaning disc - if that doesn't work, it
sounds like the drive is beginning to fail - they're not expensive to
replace, fortunately.

"Levance" wrote in message
I have a PIII667 running windows 2000 SP3 with all of the updates.

Recently
my CD-ROM will not read certin disks. Data, music and CD-R's some will

work
and some will not. I have inserted a music CD and instead of the media
player opening, it would open a dialouge box like my computer and show the
track.cda information. When I opened any media player to hear music the
application will lock up.

Any suggestions?

BTW all cd's will work in the cd burner and I have copied the from the
CD-ROM to the burner.

Old July 6th 03, 06:52 PM
Levance

Thanks Ed, I tried cleaning the lens and the drive did work a little better
but not 100%. I swapped out the drive for one from an older system. The
drive worked great thanks for the advice.

-LJ