How big a hard disk can I put in my PC?

Old July 8th 03, 12:29 PM
Edward J. Neth

Default How big a hard disk can I put in my PC?

Anything up to 127 GBytes; otherwise, you need a controller card.

"Brian White" wrote in message
Hi

My PC currently has a 30GB hard drive. I am thinking of upgrading to
a larger disk size. Before I do this, can you advise how big a hard
disk I can put in my PC? I think that I can only install one hard
disk so it would be a replacement and I would like it to be a big one.

I'm not sure what information to give you to help me out. I have a
Gateway 866 P-III PC (bought summer of 2000). I think it has the
Intel 82815 (i815) motherboard/chipset.

Thanks in advance

--
TTFN