usb2 stopped working.

Old September 1st 03, 04:08 PM
Sparky

Default usb2 stopped working.

I am running winxp pro on an asus pb4266 mb has usb2 controller built in.
Windows doesn't see it (from device manager). It used to work and then one
day it won't. My usb device gets power out of the usb port.

I have tried reinstalling drivers and purchasing a new pci - usb 2
controller card but this won't install either.

Any help would be appreciated
TA

Old September 1st 03, 04:33 PM
daytripper

On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 15:08:33 GMT, "Sparky" wrote:

I am running winxp pro on an asus pb4266 mb has usb2 controller built in.
Windows doesn't see it (from device manager). It used to work and then one
day it won't. My usb device gets power out of the usb port.

I have tried reinstalling drivers and purchasing a new pci - usb 2
controller card but this won't install either.

Any help would be appreciated
TA

Have you installed XP Pro service pack 1 yet?

Old September 2nd 03, 06:04 AM
Sparky

I went into device manager and uninstalled all usb controllers and rebooted
twice. Working ok now!