Question about Touchpad

Old June 23rd 03, 07:14 AM
Kevin L. Mullin

Default Question about Touchpad

Gary,

Thanks.

KLM

"Gary Tait" wrote in message
On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 07:46:29 GMT, "Kevin L. Mullin"
wrote:

Hi,

I bought a Compaq Presario 3045US last week. The touchpad seems to lack

lot of the functionality of others I have used - virtual scrollbar on the
side, the ability to "toss" the pointer to the other side of the screen,
etc. Is it possible to just download a new driver or software to

increase
the features? I believe it is a Synaptec touchpad.

Also, since I loaded all of my software on the machine, I seem to have

lost
the touchpad control panel. The device manager says "PS/2 device, but
nothing about the touchpad. It even says PS/2 device when I am using the
laptop without the external mouse - any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

KLM

Downlad the driver package from Synaptics.

Old June 23rd 03, 07:14 AM
Kevin L. Mullin

KP,

Thanks..

KLM

"KP" wrote in message
you can download a new driver from windows update, I have a Compaq nx9005
with a Synatec touchpad
, the driver I downloaded from windows allows the touchpad to be

programmed
in umpteen different ways
KP

Old June 23rd 03, 09:25 PM
Barry Watzman

The functionality that you want is present in the drivers and setup
programs for the touchpad, which should be factory installed on the
laptop. It sounds like you are just using a "mouse" driver, which will
work but which will not provide the extra functions.

Kevin L. Mullin wrote:
Hi,

I bought a Compaq Presario 3045US last week. The touchpad seems to lack a

Old June 23rd 03, 10:45 PM
Quaoar

Kevin L. Mullin wrote:
Hi,

I bought a Compaq Presario 3045US last week. The touchpad seems to
lack a lot of the functionality of others I have used - virtual
scrollbar on the side, the ability to "toss" the pointer to the
other side of the screen, etc. Is it possible to just download a
new driver or software to increase the features? I believe it is a
Synaptec touchpad.

Also, since I loaded all of my software on the machine, I seem to
have lost the touchpad control panel. The device manager says "PS/2
device, but nothing about the touchpad. It even says PS/2 device
when I am using the laptop without the external mouse - any
suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

KLM

If Microsoft Intellimouse v4 is installed, it removes the special
features for Synaptics touchpad, although the basic PS2 functionality
remains.