TV-out stopped working

Old October 31st 04, 01:39 PM
Dr.John

Default TV-out stopped working

Hi ng

I own a Radeon 9600 XT with a tv-out, which I use to watch avi-movies on my
TV.
However, when I installed Windows XP service pack 2 and updated my ATI
driver to the latest Catalyst, suddenly my TV can't be detected.
When I to "ATI display settings", "Advanced", Diplay tab, I can't activate
my TV.
I checked the cables, and the TV's on.
Any solution, other than formatting and reinstalling all over?

TIA

Old October 31st 04, 03:07 PM
Glitch

"Dr.John" wrote in message
Hi ng

I own a Radeon 9600 XT with a tv-out, which I use to watch avi-movies on

my
TV.
However, when I installed Windows XP service pack 2 and updated my ATI
driver to the latest Catalyst, suddenly my TV can't be detected.
When I to "ATI display settings", "Advanced", Diplay tab, I can't activate
my TV.
I checked the cables, and the TV's on.
Any solution, other than formatting and reinstalling all over?

TIA

Try to use the Force-Detection option in the troubleshooting section of the
Catalysts.This has been a common problem with many ATI cards but it's
nothing serious.

Old October 31st 04, 08:05 PM
Dr.John

"Glitch" wrote in message

"Dr.John" wrote in message
Hi ng

I own a Radeon 9600 XT with a tv-out, which I use to watch avi-movies on

my
TV.
However, when I installed Windows XP service pack 2 and updated my ATI
driver to the latest Catalyst, suddenly my TV can't be detected.
When I to "ATI display settings", "Advanced", Diplay tab, I can't

activate
my TV.
I checked the cables, and the TV's on.
Any solution, other than formatting and reinstalling all over?

TIA

Try to use the Force-Detection option in the troubleshooting section of

the
Catalysts.This has been a common problem with many ATI cards but it's
nothing serious.

Thanks for the quick reply.
Still doesn't work. In the Catalyst Control Center, I'm choosing "Force TV
detection", and then in the Displays manager, whenever I press "Detect
Displays" or if I press the number two display box, I'm asked if I wish to
enable display, but nothing happens.

Old November 5th 04, 09:24 PM
Dr.John

Hi ng

I own a Radeon 9600 XT with a tv-out, which I use to watch avi-movies
on
my
TV.
However, when I installed Windows XP service pack 2 and updated my

ATI
driver to the latest Catalyst, suddenly my TV can't be detected.
When I to "ATI display settings", "Advanced", Diplay tab, I can't

activate
my TV.
I checked the cables, and the TV's on.
Any solution, other than formatting and reinstalling all over?

TIA

What happens if you disconnect your PC monitor and boot up with only the

TV
connected?

Also, have you tried uninstalling the Control Center and instead opt for

the
more conventional ATI Control Panel and enable the displays from it?

Thanks for the reply

Nothing happened when I boot up with only the TV.

After uninstalling the Control Center I can now force detection of my TV and
get
a nice picture, but when I play AVI-movies I get a black screen on the TV,
but it looks
normal on the monitor.
How do I correct this, so that I can watch the movie on my TV?