XP Home Office Document Imaging two sided page scan won't work with Lexmark X6170 all-in-one ADF

Old November 4th 04, 06:42 PM
RJ

Default XP Home Office Document Imaging two sided page scan won't work with Lexmark X6170 all-in-one ADF

Hi, I have a Lexmark X6170 all-in-one. It has a single sided sheet auto
document feeder.

Office XP Document Imaging has a two sided sheet scanning option for one
sided ADF's where you scan side one, then flip the pages over when prompted
and scan side two and XP will collate the scanned images properly.

I can't get it work right. Everything proceeds properly but when I'm done
scanning I get a message that only the page one's have scanned and there are
zero side two's scanned. I end up with only the page one's scanned.

The Office XP Document Imaging program is using the 6170 TWAIN driver. I
think there is a WIA driver but I don't know how to have XP use it. It only
seems to be able to see the TWAIN driver. If I try to change printer or
scanner drivers in the Control Panel only option that appears is simply
identified as Lexmark 6170 and there is no option to select a TWAIN or WIA
driver.

I believe there is a WIA driver because I have Omnipage. It shows both a
TWAIN and WIA driver for the 6170. (Omnipage also should do two sided
scanning but I have is a problem and Omnipage. With the TWAIN driver
selected it won't recognize my ADF and with the WIA driver selected it won't
seem to communicate at all with the 6170).

Any idea how to get this two sided page scan feature working in Office
Document Imaging?
Do you think the 6170 WIA driver would help? If so how do I get Office
Document Imaging to use it?

I'd really like to get this working so I'd appreciate any advice.

thanks
rj.

Old November 5th 04, 02:09 AM
Clarence Klopfstein

Not sure why M$ isn't working. But our product can do this same feature, so
if you are interested check it out.

http://www.scanhelp.com

Look at Art-Copy Business

--