best place to buy

Old December 3rd 03, 08:43 AM
Smokeyone

Default best place to buy

Where is the best place to buy a CDRW in the UK these days. I know
from experience about Watford Electronics and now it seems Dabs is
added to the list.

Thanks

Smokeyone

To e-mail me, delete mail from address.......
Old December 3rd 03, 10:12 AM
Colin Wilson

Where is the best place to buy a CDRW in the UK these days. I know
from experience about Watford Electronics and now it seems Dabs is
added to the list.

www.121cdr.co.uk (aka blankdiscshop / SVP communications) - the website
looks simplistic, but they have great customer service.

Old December 3rd 03, 02:47 PM
Stephen Webber

In om,
Smokeyone felt the need to put finger to
keyboard and typed:
Where is the best place to buy a CDRW in the UK these days. I know
from experience about Watford Electronics and now it seems Dabs is
added to the list.

Take a look at http://www.romulus2.com/feedback/chart.php?1
Start at the first company and work your way down until you find one you
want to deal with. Take note of any feedback posted, particularly negative,
as this will indicate what sort of aftersales support you can expect, i.e.
most good ratings will come from people who have not had to return an item.
Personally, I would look at the companies that have scores of 7-8, or above,
like Komplett, Tekheads, Kustom PC's, all of whom have given me good
service.

--
Regards,
Stephen

Old December 4th 03, 02:12 AM
John

I'd go with Colin, may be able to save a quid with ebuyer, but svp customer
service is A1.

Old December 5th 03, 07:48 AM
Smokeyone

Paul Hopwood wrote in message . ..
(Smokeyone) wrote:

Where is the best place to buy a CDRW in the UK these days. I know
from experience about Watford Electronics and now it seems Dabs is
added to the list.

Depends if you're after a specific model or just any decent/well
priced one.

If you're in the latter bracket I'd highly recommend SVP
Communications, who are at
http://www.121cdr.co.uk (plus a multitude
of URLs which end up at the same site).

Thanks everyone for the suggestions