PQ5 Deluxe Intel Chipset driver question

Old November 11th 11, 11:55 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
[email protected]

Default PQ5 Deluxe Intel Chipset driver question

Which one of these files is the correct one to install? I unpacked them and
they seem about the same but they way Asus titles the files is a bit
confusing.

Intel Chipset Inf Update Program Package V9.0.0.1009 for Windows 2000/XP &
64bit XP & 32bit/64bit Vista.(WHQL)

OR

Intel(R) P45/ICH10R Chipset Software Installation Utility WHQL V9.0.0.1009
for Windows XP/Vista & 64bit XP/Vista.

The current version on my XP 64bit machine is V9.0.0.1005, thank you.

--
-
Old November 12th 11, 06:21 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Paul

wrote:
Which one of these files is the correct one to install? I unpacked them and
they seem about the same but they way Asus titles the files is a bit
confusing.

Intel Chipset Inf Update Program Package V9.0.0.1009 for Windows 2000/XP &
64bit XP & 32bit/64bit Vista.(WHQL)

OR

Intel(R) P45/ICH10R Chipset Software Installation Utility WHQL V9.0.0.1009
for Windows XP/Vista & 64bit XP/Vista.

The current version on my XP 64bit machine is V9.0.0.1005, thank you.

Download both, examine with 7ZIP. 7ZIP can open self-extracting EXE
files and let you look at what files are inside. You may be able
to tell from the contents, whether the download is an INF package
for the System entries in Device Manager. Or whether it's a AHCI/RAID
disk driver package of some sort.

The older version of 7ZIP I've got, doesn't support InstallEhield CAB
files, and I doubt the new one would either, but we can always live and
hope.

(It's an "archiver", but it's main value to me is "un-archiving" things...
It's great as a snooper tool.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7-zip

*******

If you're bored, and like this sort of thing, Intel offers a download
tool. They offer "Intel Driver Update Utility". The fact I can't
remember any of the results of trying this, tells me it can't be very
good :-) But still, if the Asus downloads aren't satisfying, you can
get fresh ones straight from Intel. I also didn't like the msi.com
tool that does something similar, and maybe I just hate automation...

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/

Paul
Old November 12th 11, 05:40 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
[email protected]

Paul wrote:
wrote:
[...]

I will try Intel, thanks Paul.