Digital recording solution

Old June 7th 04, 11:52 AM
Steve

Default Digital recording solution

i am looking into purchasing a digital solution for home sky digital
recording. basically i want to record onto a box (very similar to a
tivo) but not have the subscription stuff linked to it, so i just buy
the box and i can record sky programs on to it. hope peeps have some
ideas
Old June 7th 04, 12:59 PM
Remo-Shiva

Isn't that called a Sky Plus Box? and If you spend more than I think its 30
per month on subscription to the channels then your sky plus subscription is
nothing. And the Sky + box is much better than the TiVo anyway.

Shiva

m...

Old June 7th 04, 01:19 PM
Julian Richards

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 13:00:18 +0100, "Remo-Shiva"
wrote:

oops, are you from the UK? If not ignore my previous message.

He did say home sky digital recording so your comment is correct. He
has to be UK or Republic of Ireland for legal reasons. Certainly Sky
is not available to anyone anywhere else and definitely not my mother
living on the Costa in Spain.

What sort of digital output can you get from a Sky box? The digibox
has to handle the signal because even the nominally unencrypted
channels via Sky have to pass through a cryptovision decoder. I don't
think you can even get svhs from one.
--

Julian Richards
computer "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk

XP Home
L7S7A2 motherboard
Powercolor 9800 SE 8 pipelines 438/364 with Omega drivers
1 GB RAM
10 GB + 80 GB HDs
CD+DVD/CDRW drives