Help MY new AIW is not recording right?

Old October 23rd 05, 12:05 AM
RAH

Default Help MY new AIW is not recording right?

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 14:17:02 -0700, "daved" wrote:

Hi
Can any one help I have a new AIW 9200 128
with a new install of win xp sp2 Dx 9c
MMC 9.08, Cat 5.08 on an AIW
all the new ati drivers.
When I try to record to my hard drive it starts off like it should you see
the
in mmc. You see record time but it is like locked at 0000 and does not count
up or down.
The time remaining on drive c: stays at 3 days 20:49:11 and does not
move.
Has any one ever heard of this before?
It saves the file to the hard drive it will not play and the file size is
very small its 45 kb
114 kb and does not play.
If so how can I fix it? What could be wrong?
I have called ATI and they were no help at all.
I have reinstall and installed the ati drivers as to how ati says how to at
WWW.ATI.COM/INSTALL
So can any body help?

I don't know if this is of any value but I had a similar problem
trying to record to a SATA drive, set record to an IDE drive works ok.

RAH

Old October 23rd 05, 09:04 AM
anna

Hi
thanks but thats not it I have a ATA drive. The dma is set right too.
Thanks.
Anna

Old October 23rd 05, 03:21 PM
patrickp

[...]

Did you install the chipset drivers for your mobo, daved? And did you
install the 'High Speed' driver set rather than the display
driver-only 'Low Speed file?

Patrick

- take five to email me...
Old October 23rd 05, 07:43 PM
anna

Hi
Yes my chipset drivers for the motherboard are installed.
About ('High Speed' driver set rather than the display
driver-only 'Low Speed file)
Am not sure about this. Can you tell me more about this?

Old October 25th 05, 07:24 PM
patrickp

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 14:43:34 -0400, "anna"
wrote:

Hi
Yes my chipset drivers for the motherboard are installed.
About ('High Speed' driver set rather than the display
driver-only 'Low Speed file)
Am not sure about this. Can you tell me more about this?

"patrickp" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

If you look at the Catalyst driver page on the ATI site you get the
drivers from, you'll notice that there are two lots of drivers.

One lot is referred to as "High Speed (Cable / DSL)," and ATI is
presently offering two versions of this, the version with Control
Panel (recommended unless you really want Control Center) and the
Control Center version. These are "sets" - they include the capture
driver (needed for your AIW's correct functioning), display driver and
either Control Panel or Control Center.

The other lot is referred to as "Low Speed (Dial-up);" these are the
separate components: the display driver, the capture (WDM Integrated)
driver, Control Panel and Control Center. There's also an Additional
Languages file for those who want their drivers in other languages
than English (well, American).

"High Speed" and "Low Speed" simply refers to how people might prefer
to download depending on what sort of internet connection they have.

If you go for the "High Speed," you just download and install one
package; it installs the display driver and whichever of Control
Panel/Center you went for and, if it identifies your card as requiring
it, the capture driver.

If you download from the "Low Speed" lot, you download and install the
display driver and whichever you want of Control Panel/Center,
separately. If you have an AIW or a VIVO, you also need to download
and install the capture driver to get the full functionality of your
card.

So, if you download and install just the "Low Speed" display driver,
you won't get the AIW and VIVO functions of your card, and you also
won't get the extra functionality of the Control Panel/Center, either.

HTH Patrick

- take five to email me...

Help needed: Recording fails, from nVidia GeForce4 Ti4200 card S-Video port to Panasonic consumer VCR John Bartley K7AAY telcom admin, Portland OR Nvidia Videocards 7 September 12th 05 06:01 PM
Recording deom HDTVWonder in higher resolutions? Aloke Prasad Ati Videocards 0 May 14th 05 09:13 PM
Permanent Selection of Recording Device "LIne In" in Windows 98 Tariq Hassan General Hardware 0 July 15th 04 06:32 AM
recording Stephen Ward PC Soundcards 0 May 26th 04 09:33 PM
Problems with routing tracks/effects when recording David Cavallo Creative Sound Blaster Cards 0 January 19th 04 04:41 AM