Need a USB Headset reccomendation

Old December 15th 06, 10:40 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Muse Gruppes

Default Need a USB Headset reccomendation

I was thinking of getting this:
http://tinyurl.com/y2qbdf

I had a 39.99 pair of Logitech USB head phones, but they konked out on
me. I had to start twisting the wire for the sound to come on and then
that was no use either. =o

I use a DELL Dim. 8200

Thank you
Old December 16th 06, 02:37 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
journey

On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 22:40:38 GMT, Muse Gruppes
wrote:

I was thinking of getting this:
http://tinyurl.com/y2qbdf

I had a 39.99 pair of Logitech USB head phones, but they konked out on
me. I had to start twisting the wire for the sound to come on and then
that was no use either. =o

I use a DELL Dim. 8200

Thank you

I have this one and it's great:

Plantronics DSP-400 Digitally-Enhanced USB Foldable Stereo Headset and
Software
http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-DS...9?ie=UTF8&s=pc

It's very useful to read user reviews on Amazon. This one is rated
highly and it's worked well for me.

AHHHHHHH

I just clicked on your short link and it's to the same headset! How
did you get a short link like that to go to the longer URL?

Yes, it's good, probably the best out there for its price.
Old December 16th 06, 03:04 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Simchak

Have you heard of tinyurl.com? There's a site you can go to and put the
LONG url in and it'll do what the OP posted. If you use FireFox,
there's an extension you can use that will be on the toolbar so all you
have to do is click on the button while on the page, and it will create
the tiny url.

Tom S.
Houston, TX

Old December 16th 06, 03:38 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
journey

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 03:04:01 GMT, Tom Simchak
wrote:

Have you heard of tinyurl.com? There's a site you can go to and put the
LONG url in and it'll do what the OP posted. If you use FireFox,
there's an extension you can use that will be on the toolbar so all you
have to do is click on the button while on the page, and it will create
the tiny url.

Tom S.
Houston, TX

No, I haven't heard of it, but now that I know about it, it will be
very useful -- thank you.
Old December 16th 06, 05:47 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Muse Gruppes

wrote:

I was thinking of getting this:
http://tinyurl.com/y2qbdf

I had a 39.99 pair of Logitech USB head phones, but they konked out on
me. I had to start twisting the wire for the sound to come on and then
that was no use either. =o

I use a DELL Dim. 8200

Thank you

I have this one and it's great:

Plantronics DSP-400 Digitally-Enhanced USB Foldable Stereo Headset and
Software
http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-DS...9?ie=UTF8&s=pc

It's very useful to read user reviews on Amazon. This one is rated
highly and it's worked well for me.

AHHHHHHH

I just clicked on your short link and it's to the same headset! How
did you get a short link like that to go to the longer URL?

Yes, it's good, probably the best out there for its price.

Actually, after doing more shopping, I went to buy.com and found this:

http://tinyurl.com/yfy7sg

I always had a bad feeling about logitech and so I am *over* them after
wasting my $, (well actually it's my roommate buying it, but I'm the one
doing the shopping because he's not computer savvy at all. So I went
with a brand I could trust (Sennheiser).
Old December 16th 06, 10:57 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Alex Harrington

Actually, after doing more shopping, I went to buy.com and found this:

http://tinyurl.com/yfy7sg

I don't think they're USB. I realise it says "USB" in the product title,
but it says "2x 3.5mm jack" in the tech specs and there is no mention of
USB in the item listing on Amazon linked from that page...

It might pay to check.

Alex
Old December 16th 06, 02:27 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Christopher Muto

i would check with logitech to see if your are still under warranty. they
are great about replacing things under warranty.
or just look at another pair of the same/similar like this: