MoBo Reccomendation Wanted

Old December 23rd 03, 07:05 PM
Dimbly

Default MoBo Reccomendation Wanted

Hi All.

I have been asked to build a system for friend, mostly for his kids
schoolwork, games. internet etc.

I Am thinking of using an Athlon 2.4gig, can anyone recommend a
Gigabyte Motherboard 60-80, (haven't used gigabyte for a while) plus
a Graphics card not to expensive 50-60 any suggestions please

JD.

Old December 24th 03, 12:33 AM
ray hartman

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 19:05:47 +0000, Dimbly wrote:

Hi All.

I have been asked to build a system for friend, mostly for his kids
schoolwork, games. internet etc.

I Am thinking of using an Athlon 2.4gig, can anyone recommend a
Gigabyte Motherboard 60-80, (haven't used gigabyte for a while) plus
a Graphics card not to expensive 50-60 any suggestions please

JD.

BigD:

I recently chose the Ga-7Vt600-L / Barton_2600+ combo for a modestly
priced system. I figure on installing both *nix & WinXP. While it won't be

as bulletproof as an all-INTEL system,
the performance / cost ratio is excellent. Oh yeah, 400W Antec server case.
Nobody ever complained about extra space or too-many WATTS.

rh
********