Please help with Gateway Solo 1450

Old May 11th 05, 08:28 AM
radio sunnydale

Default Please help with Gateway Solo 1450

I bought a Gateway Solo 1450 Laptop used from someone I know for $300.
Unfortunately, the pin on the power jack is broken off, so I can't
plug it in to charge the battery. Can anyone give me explicit
instructions on how to get the motherboard out so I can put on a new
jack? I am fairly good with soldering, but I don't want to take it
apart unless I know what I'm doing.

Other than open heart surgery on the laptop, anyone have any
suggestion or ideas on what I should do?

Thank you very much for your time.

sincerely,
John