Adoption of SATA Raid

Old February 24th 07, 05:58 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Andreas Kahl

Default Adoption of SATA Raid

Hi newsgroup,

is it possible to adopt my SATA Raid (RAID 0) ? I changend my motherboard
from an ASUS A8NSLI to an ASUS Commando. What can I do to save my data on
the RAID?

Thanks for help.

Greets

Andreas

Old February 24th 07, 09:23 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Paul

Andreas Kahl wrote:
Hi newsgroup,

is it possible to adopt my SATA Raid (RAID 0) ? I changend my motherboard
from an ASUS A8NSLI to an ASUS Commando. What can I do to save my data on
the RAID?

Thanks for help.

Greets

Andreas

So you are moving the array from Nvidia Mediashield, to the Intel RAID ?

That is not likely to work. Your best bet would be to do a backup
and restore, to a third disk big enough to hold all the data.
You do a backup operation, while the A8N-SLI is still working.

Then you can move the two disks to the new motherboard, set up
the new RAID array, and restore the data to the array. If the
array was your boot volume, you could do a repair install, and
press F6 to install some kind of RAID driver for the Intel
RAID.

Paul

Boot drive order - settings won't stick Homer J. Simpson Asus Motherboards 16 February 17th 07 07:07 PM
IDE RAID Ted Dawson Asus Motherboards 29 September 21st 04 03:39 AM
How Create SATA RAID 1 with current install? Mr Mister Asus Motherboards 8 July 25th 04 10:46 PM
SATA RAID and drive imaging utilities? (was Norton Ghost - Instantly Makes SATA Raid unbootable?) John Everett Gigbyte Motherboards 0 January 23rd 04 06:12 PM
GA-8KNXP, how to configure BIOS for SATA? John Ward Gigbyte Motherboards 20 October 6th 03 07:42 AM