Canon S520. Printing problem when on High Quality, not with Std Quality

Old May 13th 05, 04:01 PM

Default Canon S520. Printing problem when on High Quality, not with Std Quality

Hi,

We have a S520 that was working fine (we're not using it very often),
for both High and Low quality printing.

Since some days, printing on Low quality is really as before, but
whenever we want to print with High Print Quality settings, the image
is really crap :
- There are white, red and yellow strips on the image (every 2-3 mm)
and the printer adds 3-5 more red and yellow rows BELOW the printed
image.

We of course did several Deep Cleaning, without improvement.

If we take red and yellow cartdriges out and print blue image, no pb.

Our PC is Win 2000 Pro.

Any idea to solve this ??? We're quite desperate.

Thanks a lot.

Old May 13th 05, 10:30 PM
Tony

Reality is that the printhead is almost certainly the problem (assuming the
cartridges have ink in them of course).
If several deep cleans has not fixed the problem there are several
manufacturers of head cleaning cartridges for canon printers, I have never used
them but have seen several posts from people that have successully done so.
Also try http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/inkjet/ and read the posts to
that forum. Some of these posts are from respected people that know what they
are doing. If you have no success then a replacement printhead may be
necessary, if that is the case I suggest you compare the cost of a printhead to
the cost of a replacement printer with the advantages of warranty and newer
features, hopefully that will not be necessary.
Tony

Old May 13th 05, 10:48 PM
Burt

www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff is a great site for Canon info. Slade
has a whole section on printhead maintenance and unclogging. You can also
go onto http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/ and go through the posts on print
head maintenance and unclogging. Lots of really good info there as well.

oups.com...

Old May 21st 05, 11:50 PM
Hunibal

Try to re-install the driver?