Medal of Honor Allied Assault / Inspiron 8000

Old March 1st 04, 06:33 AM
John Mai

Default Medal of Honor Allied Assault / Inspiron 8000

Anyone sucessfully installed and played the above game on an Inspiron 8000
with ATI 4M with 32mb ram video card or Nvidia Geforce4 440 with 64mb ram.

OS: Winxp Pro SP1 all patches up todate.
Video drivers: Dell mobility

My system is giving error message: GLW_StartOpenGL ( ) - could not load
OpenGl subsystem.

Thanks

John

Old March 1st 04, 08:49 AM
Ricky W. Hunt

"John Mai" wrote in message
news:TWz0c.654299$X%[email protected]
Anyone sucessfully installed and played the above game on an Inspiron 8000
with ATI 4M with 32mb ram video card or Nvidia Geforce4 440 with 64mb ram.

OS: Winxp Pro SP1 all patches up todate.
Video drivers: Dell mobility

My system is giving error message: GLW_StartOpenGL ( ) - could not load
OpenGl subsystem.

I'm running it on a Dimension 4600 with a Geforce4 440 just fine. It sounds
like you don't have the OpenGL drivers loaded or setup correctly (and I
can't remember whether they came with the default system or not but I don't
think they did). The first thing I'd say to do is download the latest
universal drivers from Nvidia:
http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp (especially if you haven't
updated the drivers in the last year).