Anyone running Operon 250s on an MSI K8T800 Master 2-FAR?

Old September 7th 04, 02:25 PM
Scotter

Default Anyone running Operon 250s on an MSI K8T800 Master 2-FAR?

Hi -

I'm currently running an FX-51 on this motherboard using the 1.1 BIOS.
I see on MSI's site
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/suppor...UID=484&kind=3
You can get a beta 1.35 to support Opteron 250's. But this came out in June
and is still beta.
Has anyone had experience running this beta BIOS?
It would be real nice if MSI ever replied to emails.
Thanks!

--
Scotter

Old September 8th 04, 12:54 AM
NoneOfBusiness

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 13:25:33 GMT, "Scotter" wrote:

Hi -

I'm currently running an FX-51 on this motherboard using the 1.1 BIOS.
I see on MSI's site
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/suppor...UID=484&kind=3
You can get a beta 1.35 to support Opteron 250's. But this came out in June
and is still beta.
Has anyone had experience running this beta BIOS?
It would be real nice if MSI ever replied to emails.
Thanks!

MSI will respond to you.The problem i have is when you try to follow
up. Then i cannot contact anyone..

In answer to your question, i think you are going to have to use 1.35
beta BIOS for those Opterons. Thats what i have heard. I need a BIOS
update for something else (MSI told me to try the 1.35's) but i
haven't been willing to flash to beta's. I can wait.

Old September 8th 04, 01:01 AM
Scotter

thanks!

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/suppor....php?UID=484&k

Old September 8th 04, 03:43 AM
NoneOfBusiness

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 00:01:55 GMT, "Scotter" wrote:

thanks!

"NoneOfBusiness" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

No problem. If you find any more info about the 1.35 (experiences,
known fixes, etc) please post them.