CPU and case temperatures...

Old September 9th 04, 12:03 PM
Gareth Tuckwell

Default CPU and case temperatures...

What is a 'good' temperature for my CPU and CASE please...

Athlon XP 2400 (underclocked to 1.60v) with Zalman Flower Cooler. I have a
Soltek SL75-DRV5 and am using the Soltek hardware monitor. (Also, which of
these is the CPU temperature?)...

ABS II - 55 degrees
RT 1 - 46 degrees
RT 2 - 33 degrees

The help system mentions a 'CPU die' temperature, but this is not listed on
the screen??

Thanks.

Old September 9th 04, 12:29 PM
Harry

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 11:03:57 GMT, "Gareth Tuckwell"
wrote:

What is a 'good' temperature for my CPU and CASE please...

Athlon XP 2400 (underclocked to 1.60v) with Zalman Flower Cooler. I have a
Soltek SL75-DRV5 and am using the Soltek hardware monitor. (Also, which of
these is the CPU temperature?)...

ABS II - 55 degrees
RT 1 - 46 degrees
RT 2 - 33 degrees

The help system mentions a 'CPU die' temperature, but this is not listed on
the screen??

Thanks.

ABSII is the die temp. and 55 is reasonable, though not fantastic

Old September 9th 04, 03:05 PM
Larry Gagnon

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 11:03:57 +0000, Gareth Tuckwell wrote:

What is a 'good' temperature for my CPU and CASE please...

Athlon XP 2400 (underclocked to 1.60v) with Zalman Flower Cooler. I have a
Soltek SL75-DRV5 and am using the Soltek hardware monitor. (Also, which of
these is the CPU temperature?)...

ABS II - 55 degrees
RT 1 - 46 degrees
RT 2 - 33 degrees

The help system mentions a 'CPU die' temperature, but this is not listed on
the screen??

Thanks.

I would guess that ABS II is your CPU die temperature but that tells you
nothing really because: 1) is that your CPU temperature at 100% CPU load
or idle and 2) what is your room ambient temperature?

55deg is good if that is 100% CPU load, otherwise slightly high for no
load, unless of course your ambient temperature in your room is 33C in
which case I can see why your CPU temp is 55.

Larry Gagnon

--
********************************
to reply via email remove "fake"

Old September 9th 04, 03:27 PM
Gareth Tuckwell

CPU idle, temp = 55. CPU load temp = 58/59.
One of the RT numbers is the case temp (there is a thermometer inside on a
wire which I put near my gfx card), don't know which one - the other must be
motherboard or chipset temperature. Don't know room temp - probably 21 ish.

news

Old September 9th 04, 04:23 PM
Harry

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 14:27:17 GMT, "Gareth Tuckwell"
wrote:

CPU idle, temp = 55. CPU load temp = 58/59.
One of the RT numbers is the case temp (there is a thermometer inside on a
wire which I put near my gfx card), don't know which one - the other must be
motherboard or chipset temperature. Don't know room temp - probably 21 ish.

"Larry Gagnon" wrote in message
news[email protected] com...
[...]

In that case the Case temp is a little high. The cooling of the HSF is
fine if it levels out at 58/59 from a start of 55.

But, I would expect the idle to be about 50C with the load at about
55C. My case temp is usually about 7C above ambient. That is, 28C in a
room of 21C

I am running a Asus A7V333-X with XP2000 and a Zalman 6000Cu Cooler
Also, I am not undervolting either.

Harry