Gateway 500s Bios problem, help!

Old March 28th 05, 06:13 AM
Merlin Knight

Default Gateway 500s Bios problem, help!

Help,

Ran into a problem trying to update the intel bios #
PT84510a.15a.0005.po3.0203061931
on a gateway 500s.
The bios upgrade only works in windows. Can't update from dos.
Looking for this old bios so i can try to update again. System
performed a update from windows but did not ask if i wanted to backup
old. restarted and then faulted. Now i can't start windows. Had
downloaded update from intel.
If someone can get me a copy using the intel DOS flash software used
to update the bios i would greatly appreciate it or i will have to
replace the MOB.

Thanks,
Merlin Knight

Old May 19th 05, 07:54 AM
Quaoar

Merlin Knight wrote:
Help,

Ran into a problem trying to update the intel bios #
PT84510a.15a.0005.po3.0203061931
on a gateway 500s.
The bios upgrade only works in windows. Can't update from dos.
Looking for this old bios so i can try to update again. System
performed a update from windows but did not ask if i wanted to backup
old. restarted and then faulted. Now i can't start windows. Had
downloaded update from intel.
If someone can get me a copy using the intel DOS flash software used
to update the bios i would greatly appreciate it or i will have to
replace the MOB.

Thanks,
Merlin Knight

Can you boot from a DOS boot floppy or CD? If not, you are generally,
in the vernacular, screwed. If the BIOS is corrupted, there is no way
to even start the machine since the BIOS (Basic Input Output System) is
what does the booting that permits the computer to be started so that
Windows can be started so that the BIOS can be updated. Yep, eBay for a
mainboard.

IDE RAID- Major problem need to save my data MC General 21 December 5th 04 05:38 AM
IDE RAID- Major problem need to save my data MC Storage (alt) 21 December 5th 04 05:38 AM
Alert at bootup Katy Asus Motherboards 3 September 24th 04 01:43 PM
AWARD BIOS and big disks support Nexus6 Intel 6 December 9th 03 11:14 AM
Soltek SL-75FRN2-L BIOS flashing problem Ante Lazarusic General Hardware 0 October 22nd 03 02:47 PM