Gateway Solo 9300 bios

Old May 11th 05, 10:57 PM
davesid

Default Gateway Solo 9300 bios

Hi all
anyonye out there who can help me out trying to put winxp on but need to
update the bios and can not find my chasis number listed its 3500724 anyone
know whick bios version i should be using

Old May 15th 05, 04:36 PM
Ed

I upgraded my Solo 9300, not sure of the bios version. Its a P2, 400MHz.
Only problem I have had, is I can't find a driver that works with the phone
modem. Everything else works fine.
Ed

. ..

Old May 17th 05, 02:30 PM
Kevin Childers

What make and model of modem? Have you tried the OEM site? Some have
drivers on their site that for some reason never seem to appear in web
searches.

KC

"Ed" ekirstein_atcatskill.net wrote in message
I upgraded my Solo 9300, not sure of the bios version. Its a P2, 400MHz.
Only problem I have had, is I can't find a driver that works with the

phone
modem. Everything else works fine.
Ed

. ..

Old May 17th 05, 11:41 PM
Ed

I'm not sure if its totally a modem driver problem. I get two devices with
yellow warnings in the system device list. One for the modem and one for
"Other devices" I wonder if this might be the pci bus that the modem sits
on. I can't find a driver to take care of that device.
Ed

"Kevin Childers" wrote in message
What make and model of modem? Have you tried the OEM site? Some have
drivers on their site that for some reason never seem to appear in web
searches.

KC

"Ed" ekirstein_atcatskill.net wrote in message
I upgraded my Solo 9300, not sure of the bios version. Its a P2,

400MHz.
Only problem I have had, is I can't find a driver that works with the

phone
modem. Everything else works fine.
Ed

. ..

Old May 18th 05, 03:11 PM
Kevin Childers

That could indicate that those two items are in conflict over use of
resources on your machine. You might try deleting the "Other Devices" one
and rebooting. If you get a new hardware found try following it and see if
that solves the issue. Alternatively you could kill the process and let
your systems boot to see if the warning clears on your modem. Usually you
get this situation when two (or more) devices are set to the same interrupt
or memory range.

[...]

. ..

Old May 18th 05, 03:39 PM
Tom Clydesdale

You could also try moving the modem to a different pci slot. Sometimes a
change will correct the problem.

[...]

. ..

Old May 19th 05, 04:23 AM
Ed

I have repeatedly tried deleting both devices, but windows can't find a
valid driver for either of them.
I've tried downloading drivers from Gateway but none have worked.
[...]

. ..

Old May 19th 05, 05:13 AM
Kevin Childers

If it is just a Solo 9300 (not one of the variants; 9300VE, Pro 9300-E),
then this should be a 3com miniPCI modem.

The Solo 9300 support page is here;
http://support.gateway.com/s/Mobile/.../p9300nv.shtml

and the drivers page is here;
http://support.gateway.com/support/d...&param=3500545

Nothing shown for XP, but then that's not unusual for a non-OEM
supplied/supported OS. XP should have it covered in it's drivers listings.

[...]

. ..