Solo 1200 Disassembly

Old May 13th 05, 05:26 AM
Bernard Carlton

Default Solo 1200 Disassembly

I need to replace a faulty CD ROM drive in my laptop. I've found a place
that sells them. Now - will the opening of the case (multiple screws etc) be
obvious or are there some things I should be aware of? Is there any site
with any kind of directions? Or do you think this will be ok for a guy who
has opened and replaced components only on tower computers?

Old May 13th 05, 06:32 PM
Tweek

Should be really easy. Use a small screw driver to pop off the bezel right
below the screen (the part with the power button, etc). This part may or may
not be attached to the hinge covers so be careful (I can't remember this
part) This should give you access to the screws holding the keyboard. Remove
the keyboard screws and swing it towards you(the ribbon cable should not
need to be unplugged). Now you should be able to see one or two screws
holding the cdrom drive in. Remove them and slide the drive out. Reverse the
procedure to install the new drive. It has been a long time since I worked
on a 1200, so this is all from memory, but it should be close enough.
Standard disclaimer though, do this at your own risk, I am not responsible
for any damage you might cause to your laptop by following these
instructions, blah blah blah.

Old May 14th 05, 04:16 AM
Bernard Carlton

Thanks - just looking for assurance - caveat noted.

news:[email protected]