Cool i Cam on Linux

Old January 25th 04, 09:44 PM
Ralph H. Stoos Jr.

Default Cool i Cam on Linux

All,

My wife bought me a Cool i Cam from QVC (Questionable Value Channel)
Model CIC300 which works as a Digital Camera and a Web Cam at up to 800
X 600.

The camera works fine standalone but there is only one Windows computer
left in my house. The rest are all Linux. Does any one know of a
generic driver or one specifically for Cool i Cams that will run on Linux.

I have checked the Cool i Cam site and they only have drivers for Windows.

Don't want Windoze on any of my computers so... HELP!!

Please respond to the group and:

Thanks.

Ralph
Old January 27th 04, 08:16 AM
Tony Sutton

"Ralph H. Stoos Jr." wrote in message

My wife bought me a Cool i Cam from QVC (Questionable Value Channel)
Model CIC300 which works as a Digital Camera and a Web Cam at up to 800
X 600.

The camera works fine standalone but there is only one Windows computer
left in my house. The rest are all Linux. Does any one know of a
generic driver or one specifically for Cool i Cams that will run on Linux.

I have never heard of that camera... perhaps that's why there is no Linux
driver for it.

URL of that website?

--

- Tony Sutton