time-lapse?

Old February 10th 04, 04:50 PM
HerHusband

Default time-lapse?

Geoff,

Thanks for the great post!

You're welcome. I forgot to mention that I also use a "Temporal Cleaner"
during the VirtualDub stage. This blends multiple frames together and helps
to smooth out the "flashing" from the different lighting conditions. It
doesn't eliminate it, but it helps make it a bit more watchable. It had an
unexpected benefit in that we would only show up for a single frame during
the time lapse photo's. By blending frames together moving objects tend to
"blur" across frames. This kind of slows down our movements and allows our
progress to be seen better. Normally it's an effect you would not want in a
video, but it works great in this situation.

Of course the last question is where can I download the final movie
and watch your house being built?!?!

The MPEG2 file I created for our 2003 home video DVD is over 233MB. Far too
large for me to send over my 28K dial-up connection. I'm currently
reencoding the file as a smaller MPEG1 file to see if I can reduce the file
size to an acceptable level. If I can get it to a manageable size, I'll
post a link where you can download it.

Take care,

Anthony