Suggestions on Camera.

Old February 2nd 04, 06:36 PM
Darwin Weyh

Default Suggestions on Camera.

I need a camera that will be used in a shop environment that needs to be
able to take pictures of parts as they come in.
The parts are sized from 2ft x 2ft down to the size of a quarter.
So I need a camera that has a good range of focal point.

Any suggestions?

--
Darwin C. Weyh

And for the spammers:

Old February 2nd 04, 07:07 PM
SlAyEr

I need a camera that will be used in a shop environment that needs to be
able to take pictures of parts as they come in.

explain parts?

regards slayer

--
if the following image offends then dont look at it...

/'_/)
,/_ /
/ /
/'_'/' '/'_'7,
/'/ / / /"
('( ' ' _~/
\ '
'\' \ _7
\ (
\ \.

ERROR 404 SIG NOT FOUND . END OF INSTRUCTION , PROGRAM FAILED TO
INITIALIZE. KILL ALL ENEMIES OF THE UK AND COALITION FORCES NOW !!!

SOME PEOPLE ENJOY SIPPING FROM THE FOUNTAIN OF KNOWLEDGE...........

PERSONALLY ,,,, SWALLOWING GALLONS IS MY THING......

remove my shorts to email me direct....

Old February 3rd 04, 05:06 AM
Rowdy

Darwin Weyh wrote:

I need a camera that will be used in a shop environment that needs to be
able to take pictures of parts as they come in.
The parts are sized from 2ft x 2ft down to the size of a quarter.
So I need a camera that has a good range of focal point.

Any suggestions?

I recommend finding a good quality used camcorder that supports LANC or
has a built in IR remote. Mount it pointing straight down and use the
remote to control the zoom for differnt sizes of parts. Obviously
capture the image via a USB capture device which you can readily find on
Ebay.

--

NOTE: I have modified my reply-to address to avoid