Epson 2400, any good with details, good scanner overall?

Old August 9th 04, 01:17 PM
Dick van Drie

Default Epson 2400, any good with details, good scanner overall?

Hi,

I looking for a decent scanner voor photos and text. I came up with Epson
2400 photo, its an older one but it seems to be a good scanner if you look
at reviews. The price in Holland is about 170 euro's, it's already a bit
above my budget so i prob. go for this one. Is this a good choice? Does he
really scan good with details and good colors? I want to use it also for my
negatives.

thnks in advance

D. van Drie

Old August 31st 04, 08:37 PM
Michael P Gabriel

"Dick van Drie" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I looking for a decent scanner voor photos and text. I came up with Epson
2400 photo, its an older one but it seems to be a good scanner if you look
at reviews. The price in Holland is about 170 euro's, it's already a bit
above my budget so i prob. go for this one. Is this a good choice? Does he
really scan good with details and good colors? I want to use it also for my
negatives.

thnks in advance

D. van Drie

I believe you would be making a big mistake with the 2400,

which has been replaced, maybe even discontinued. The replacement, the
Epson Perfection 2480, is a fine scanner for documents, photos ,
slides and negatives. I bought one for 88.00 plus 6.00 shipping, US.
I'm sure if you took the time, you could find a vendor to better that
price. I am quite happy with mine, even though it has no on/off
switch. I use a separate surge protector for that switch.