Need help with Star SP300 receipt printer

Old November 9th 06, 01:23 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
JM

Default Need help with Star SP300 receipt printer

We had the Star SP300 parallel dot matrix printer working on our former XP
Pro computer with our POS software. We had to change computers to another
XP Pro machine, but now I cannot get the receipt printer to work. When I
connect the printer to the new computer, I do not get any notification of
new hardware found or anything. When I look at LPT1 in Device Manager it
shows to have a an ECP port attached, but I don't think that's how the
printer needs to be identified.

I have tried various driver packages from the Star website to no avail. It
was late and I was tired, so I may very well have missed something.

Any help appreciated.

wjm

Old November 9th 06, 04:00 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Warren Block

JM wrote:
We had the Star SP300 parallel dot matrix printer working on our former XP
Pro computer with our POS software. We had to change computers to another
XP Pro machine, but now I cannot get the receipt printer to work. When I
connect the printer to the new computer, I do not get any notification of
new hardware found or anything.

Try just manually running the Add Printer wizard. The Star printer may
not support PNP.

Incidentally, I hope you had both the printer and computer off when
connecting it, because the parallel port is not made to be hot-plugged.

When I look at LPT1 in Device Manager it shows to have a an ECP port
attached, but I don't think that's how the printer needs to be
identified.

LPT1 is the port, not the printer, so it appears to be showing
correctly.

Dis-assemble Pixma 4000 Laurence Printers 4 October 29th 06 03:06 PM
Good occasional use printer OldNick Printers 29 September 19th 06 12:27 AM
Check status on a receipt printer Kuba Printers 4 September 3rd 06 12:51 AM
Ping : Zak Mary Printers 27 April 29th 06 05:34 AM
Star Laser Printer LS5EX Harry General Hardware 6 March 14th 04 11:55 PM