A Computer hardware and components forum. ComputerBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » ComputerBanter.com forum » Processors » AMD Thunderbird Processors
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

TB wont start



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old November 14th 11, 04:32 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
M.H.[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default TB wont start

Greetings
I am having a serious problem getting any version of Thunderbird, after
V5 to work. TB will not start or run after any update from V5 to V6
or V7 or V8. I tried every iteration of update, 5 to 6, 5 to7, 5 to
8 NO JOY. In each case, after what appears to be a normal install
(update) with no errors reported or detected, starting TB in every way
possible, nothing happens and nothing appears on screen. However, a
check of task manager shows a TB "process" running. Another attempt
to start TB starts a second TB process, TB never appears in the
"applications" category in task manager. If I re-install TB-5
everything works fine. I have tried every combination of
uninstall/reinstall I could think of... w/wo admin, w/wo antivirus, w/wo
compatibility's, install over, remove then install, download V6, V7, V8
from Mozilla web page and FTP site, start w/wo add-ons enabled/disabled,
start in TB safe mode.... still no joy. Revert back to V5 then install
6,7,8 delete V5 then install V6,7,8....NO JOY!!!!
I must be missing some step or process to get TB going. I have been at
this since TB 6 was offered as an auto update. When TB7 and 8 came
along, I tried each of those and basically repeated the above process
for each... NO JOY

The system: Win7-home-premium-64bit-(current updates), 24G ram, I 950
CPU, Gigabyte X58A-UD3R MOBO, SATA3-HD, SATA2-HD, GForce 68000-xt
graphics, Samsung 24" monitor.

NOTE: TB-V5, works fine as do all the add-ons.

Thank you in advance for your time and efforts

MikeH
  #2  
Old November 15th 11, 08:57 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Anthony Buckland
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4
Default TB wont start

On 14/11/2011 7:32 AM, M.H. wrote:
Greetings
I am having a serious problem getting any version of Thunderbird, after
V5 to work. TB will not start or run after any update from V5 to V6 or
V7 or V8. I tried every iteration of update, 5 to 6, 5 to7, 5 to 8 NO
JOY. In each case, after what appears to be a normal install (update)
with no errors reported or detected, starting TB in every way possible,
nothing happens and nothing appears on screen. However, a check of task
manager shows a TB "process" running. Another attempt to start TB starts
a second TB process, TB never appears in the "applications" category in
task manager. If I re-install TB-5 everything works fine. I have tried
every combination of uninstall/reinstall I could think of... w/wo admin,
w/wo antivirus, w/wo compatibility's, install over, remove then install,
download V6, V7, V8 from Mozilla web page and FTP site, start w/wo
add-ons enabled/disabled, start in TB safe mode.... still no joy. Revert
back to V5 then install 6,7,8 delete V5 then install V6,7,8....NO JOY!!!!
I must be missing some step or process to get TB going. I have been at
this since TB 6 was offered as an auto update. When TB7 and 8 came
along, I tried each of those and basically repeated the above process
for each... NO JOY

The system: Win7-home-premium-64bit-(current updates), 24G ram, I 950
CPU, Gigabyte X58A-UD3R MOBO, SATA3-HD, SATA2-HD, GForce 68000-xt
graphics, Samsung 24" monitor.

NOTE: TB-V5, works fine as do all the add-ons.

Thank you in advance for your time and efforts

MikeH


Well, good luck, and maybe you'll get a response, but my own
experience and the number of postings here this year indicate
to me that we're in an empty cave here. Somewhere, there may
be a lively forum on Thunderbird, but it sure ain't here.
  #3  
Old November 15th 11, 09:51 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Wes Newell[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 62
Default TB wont start

On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 11:57:07 -0800, Anthony Buckland wrote:

Well, good luck, and maybe you'll get a response, but my own experience
and the number of postings here this year indicate to me that we're in
an empty cave here. Somewhere, there may be a lively forum on
Thunderbird, but it sure ain't here.


I wonder if that's because this is the AMD Thunderbird CPU group and not
the Mozilla Thunderbird email client group.
  #4  
Old November 17th 11, 07:12 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Anthony Buckland
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4
Default TB wont start

On 15/11/2011 12:51 PM, Wes Newell wrote:
On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 11:57:07 -0800, Anthony Buckland wrote:

Well, good luck, and maybe you'll get a response, but my own experience
and the number of postings here this year indicate to me that we're in
an empty cave here. Somewhere, there may be a lively forum on
Thunderbird, but it sure ain't here.


I wonder if that's because this is the AMD Thunderbird CPU group and not
the Mozilla Thunderbird email client group.


Aha! Previously, I didn't know there _is_ a Mozilla
set of newsgroups. Specifically, I find, via
news.mozilla.org (for instructions on accessing them,
Google "Subscribing to news.mozilla.org newsgroups
with Thunderbird"). I reissued there a posting I
put here this May and which never got a response,
and found a lively thread this morning.

Thanks.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What is going on here? Puter wont start.... [email protected] Homebuilt PC's 3 August 3rd 07 12:26 AM
Why wont my computer start? Davy Homebuilt PC's 0 November 4th 06 01:41 AM
notebook wont start barbibiz Compaq Computers 8 July 22nd 04 11:15 AM
new pc wont start up Siegefinder General Hardware 9 June 11th 04 04:35 PM
Help! PC wont start!! Andrew General Hardware 5 May 24th 04 09:19 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 ComputerBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.