WD1600YS is not 160GB

Old August 18th 17, 01:22 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
[email protected]

Default WD1600YS is not 160GB

I have a WD1600YS disk, and try to clone it to another WD 160 GB disk,
but Clonezilla tells me that it is 165 GB!
So look at the label, it says 160 GB, but also 321672960 LBA.
Then look at other WD drives in the junk shelf, and they are 312581808 LBA.
So first world problem, I complain I got a few free GB.
Now I recall IBM/Hitachi used to make "164 GB" drives.
Why can't fricken WD put the right numbers on a label?