Need help overclocking my gpu

Old October 3rd 12, 12:32 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
PcGAmeR22[_67_]

Default Need help overclocking my gpu

I oced to 1037v 960 core and stock memory , ran bf3 on ultra 1080 for
about an hour
it seems stable , never went above 64c , is this fine ? will it reduce
life span

Old October 3rd 12, 04:57 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Paul

PcGAmeR22 wrote:
I oced to 1037v 960 core and stock memory , ran bf3 on ultra 1080 for
about an hour
it seems stable , never went above 64c , is this fine ? will it reduce
life span

As long as that temperature reading is accurate, I don't see
what you're doing hurting anything. That's a good temp.

If the card was crashing out, doing VPU recoveries or whatever
(screen goes black for a second), I would back off on the overclock.

You want your setup to work well enough, that if you're playing
over the Internet, your machine isn't crashing when playing in teams.

Paul

Old October 3rd 12, 04:47 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
PcGAmeR22[_69_]

Paul;1358662 Wrote:
PcGAmeR22 wrote:
I oced to 1037v 960 core and stock memory , ran bf3 on ultra 1080 for
about an hour
it seems stable , never went above 64c , is this fine ? will it

reduce
life span

As long as that temperature reading is accurate, I don't see
what you're doing hurting anything. That's a good temp.

If the card was crashing out, doing VPU recoveries or whatever
(screen goes black for a second), I would back off on the overclock.

You want your setup to work well enough, that if you're playing
over the Internet, your machine isn't crashing when playing in teams.

Paul

I will test those clocks on other games like crysis 2 with dx11 on for
an hour
if i detect the same 65-64 c max load is it fine to leave the card on
those clocks ? and is 1ghz achievable on the same voltage right now , im
sure 40 mhz will not cause the card to go above 75c which is a border
line , my card atm already outperforms the original gtx 460 with the 256
bit memory , i tested my card on the same clocks of the original one ,
both on 960mhz using 3dmark11 and the 460 v2 " the one that i have got a
higher score , 4350 to 3890

overclocking Steve B Nvidia Videocards 4 March 16th 06 05:18 PM
"Overclocking failed" but no overclocking attempted jbgcjncg Overclocking AMD Processors 7 November 17th 05 01:33 AM
Overclocking Noob Requires Advise on overclocking-unlocking DVS__DVIT__INC Overclocking AMD Processors 1 September 13th 04 07:07 PM
Overclocking Cloud_Strife General Hardware 8 May 6th 04 02:42 AM