Hibernate File (how to delete)

Old July 23rd 08, 11:13 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Guern

Default Hibernate File (how to delete)

I wish to delete a fragmented Hibernate file (hiberfil.sys) on dirve C.
I read that this is possible, if first one sets hibernate to inactive.

On the Acer, this option is managed through eManagement software. This
takes control away from XP. However, even when no Hibernate option is
selected, the operating system does not allow deletion of hiberfil.sys.

I have confirmed that it is possible to delete hiberfil.sys on a
different desktop, when hibernate is not the seleced mode of closedown.

Does someone please have an idea as to how I can delete hiberfil.sys on
the Acer?

Old July 25th 08, 01:40 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Wandering

Since the hibernate file is used only in the case when the machine
hibernates, and only once to write and once to later read back during
awakening, there is little point to defragging it. If you go to XP Control
Panel, and then Power Management, you can set the hibernation state to off.
Also, you can remove it with Disk Cleanup, if XP has it. I run Vista so I'm
not sure of that. Frankly you will not save enough time in your lifetime by
defragging it to compensate for the time you have spent on this to now.
Good luck.