Changed CMOS battery

Old August 14th 17, 02:56 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Changed CMOS battery

On 13 Aug 2017 20:21:55 GMT, mick wrote:

Nope. The voltage rating is the same, but the capacity is smaller because
the thickness is also smaller.

On all this range the number is the size:
CR2032 is 20mm dia x 3.2mm thick
CR1625 is 16mm dia x 2.5mm thick
etc...

Then I'd probably [too] briefly read something if not being
misinformed along a similar line.

The CR2025s I'd probably kept for this
http://www.floodgap.com/retrobits/tpm/assets/pc7k.jpg

(from the first computers...)
http://www.floodgap.com/retrobits/tpm/4567.html

A rudimentary BASIC programming device for compounding, (within 8K RAM
storage, actively and inefficiently so as while to drain its
batteries, even if the crystal matrix is "not in use," at a pseudo
pwr-off, in due maintenance of ready-state RAM programming modules),
more of uniquely typical aspects, notably BASIC, otherwise still to
this day in use by "pocket" computer/calculators.

And still more or less within working order for an arm's-reach away,
the PC-7, as far as I'm aware. Although I might think twice now,
given specs you've provided, about putting in substitute CR2032
batteries, should that force back the somewhat delicately secured back
metal cover plate.
Old August 15th 17, 08:01 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
mick[_3_]

On Sun, 13 Aug 2017 21:56:51 -0400, Flasherly wrote:

snip

[...]

I seem to remember having a PB-100 somewhere... I wonder if I still have
it?

hehe - but I seem to remember seeing some of the holders that are
designed to accept either 2025 or 2032 with a slightly different version
for 2016. Some others seem to accept all 3 thicknesses. Don't worry too
much.
Old August 15th 17, 10:19 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

On 15 Aug 2017 19:01:36 GMT, mick wrote:

I seem to remember having a PB-100 somewhere... I wonder if I still have
it?

hehe - but I seem to remember seeing some of the holders that are
designed to accept either 2025 or 2032 with a slightly different version
for 2016. Some others seem to accept all 3 thicknesses. Don't worry too
much.

It's my first computer, the PC-7. I'd never before seen BASIC.
Someone had given me an simple Tandy calculator, which I'd returned to
a store for credit, twice for two models up, in settling upon the
PC-7. A challenge and intrigue I accepted when first encountering
practical BASIC language in use, for which I paid three times more
than what the initial calculator cost. The next computer I bought,
not too long after and based on an Intel 8088, cost $600 or 12-times
the price of the PC-7.

New hardware found problem since changed CMOS / BIOS battery admyc General 1 November 8th 07 08:11 PM
CMOS battery User Overclocking 1 April 4th 07 02:21 AM
CMOS battery? Mike Walsh General 0 October 31st 06 11:19 PM
I need to know how to get to Armanda 7400 Cmos Battery to clear the Cmos. cen04543 Compaq Computers 4 February 20th 06 10:31 AM
Where is the cmos battery? [email protected] Acer Computers 3 June 26th 04 08:11 PM