HP Record Now, HP CD-Writer will not record wav files. (win98)

Old March 8th 04, 08:50 AM
Tibur Waltson

Default HP Record Now, HP CD-Writer will not record wav files. (win98)

HP Record Now 3.5 works great moths ago for recording wav file
into audio CDs. But Record Now refuses to record wav to audio CD,
creating an error "6." Dragging and dropping a music into the Record
Now window crashes the program. I upgrade the product from HP`s
website and the same thing happens. Recording data is fine. Anyone have
suggestions how I can record music CDs from wav files?

Thanks
(win98)

Old March 10th 04, 02:02 AM
John Marion

You could try a reinstall from the Recovery Partition. The Recovery program
gives you a choice of Restore the entire system or reinstall applications (I
think). Why not make sure the reinstall option is available, then go to
Control Panel and UNinstall first for a fresh install of Record Now.

I have nothing against Record Now 3.5, but Record Now 4.5 Max was $9 at
Office Max recently and I got that instead and it's a step up.

Old March 10th 04, 02:02 AM
John Marion

You could try a reinstall from the Recovery Partition. The Recovery program
gives you a choice of Restore the entire system or reinstall applications (I
think). Why not make sure the reinstall option is available, then go to
Control Panel and UNinstall first for a fresh install of Record Now.

I have nothing against Record Now 3.5, but Record Now 4.5 Max was $9 at
Office Max recently and I got that instead and it's a step up.

Microtek scanner made my PC unusable. Robert Clark Scanners 15 June 22nd 04 10:46 PM
How can I record ra. files on Nero Stan... Gateway Computers 1 May 29th 04 01:36 AM
HP Record Now, HP CD-Writer will not record wav files. (win98) Tibur Waltson Compaq Computers 1 March 10th 04 02:02 AM
zipping files PCportinc Cdr 11 January 14th 04 09:26 PM
Help transferring music files from W98 to XP Paul Cdr 20 December 28th 03 07:21 AM