Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS, PCIw/Dolby Digital EX, IEEE1394, 7.1 channel, THX cert

Old July 22nd 05, 09:51 AM
Monica

Default Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS, PCIw/Dolby Digital EX, IEEE1394, 7.1 channel, THX cert

My sound card. What exactly does the 7.1 channel, THX cert mean? My
speakers are Dell 5650 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers System with Subwoofer.
Is the 7.1 remark in the sound card description related to the 5.1
description of the speakers? An audiophile, I'm not!
Monica

Old July 22nd 05, 12:06 PM
Ted Zieglar

And you're not a Googler either. 7.1 refers to the number of discrete music
channels. The seven a front left, front center, front right, middle left,
middle right, rear left, rear right and subwoofer (that's the ".1"). With
this many speakers, configuring a 7.1 speaker system is practically an art
form.

THX is a system developed by George Lucas for reproducing a movie's sound
with great clarity. You can read about it he
http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/thx.htm.

Ted Zieglar

news:as2Ee.79424$%[email protected]