Can video card cause problems with capture card?

Old July 24th 05, 05:15 AM
Doc

Default Can video card cause problems with capture card?

Apparently some of these "gamer" cards come with capture capabilities, not
something I have a need for since I do either Firewire or use a Pinnacle
DC10Plus.

It occurs to me that if I happen to find one of these cards that combine
capture capabilities which I likely would never use, can it cause problems?

Old July 24th 05, 11:47 AM
Gordon Scott

Doc wrote:

Apparently some of these "gamer" cards come with capture capabilities, not
something I have a need for since I do either Firewire or use a Pinnacle
DC10Plus.

It occurs to me that if I happen to find one of these cards that combine
capture capabilities which I likely would never use, can it cause problems?

no, not really.
generally a performance card with capture would be a little under
clocked/performing to its full fledged gaming cousin.
dont load the capture drivers.
ATI's version of these cards are AIW (all in wonder)
stay away from anything SE (suckers edition)