A Computer hardware and components forum. ComputerBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » ComputerBanter.com forum » System Manufacturers & Vendors » Acer Computers
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Walmart special on an Acer as5251-1513



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old July 24th 10, 03:23 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Larry[_12_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 131
Default Walmart special on an Acer as5251-1513

Walmart is offering an Acer AS5251-1513 for $298 this Sunday...anyone
familiar with that model? Is it really a good buy? With the ATI
Radeon HD 4250 graphics card, would it be good for gaming?

Thanks

Larry
  #2  
Old July 26th 10, 08:20 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
kikaruu
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default Walmart special on an Acer as5251-1513

On Jul 24, 10:23*am, Larry wrote:
Walmart is offering an Acer AS5251-1513 for $298 this Sunday...anyone
familiar with that model? *Is it really a good buy? *With the ATI
Radeon HD 4250 graphics card, would it be good for gaming?

Thanks

Larry


I'm actually going to pick up one of these laptops tomorrow, and I'll
therefore be able to give you firsthand experience. Otherwise, it's
said to be okay for games: http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question...4233647AAUQs1a
and hehttp://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?
qid=20100718182540AAQ4VR3
  #3  
Old July 26th 10, 03:47 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Larry[_12_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 131
Default Walmart special on an Acer as5251-1513

On Jul 26, 1:20*am, kikaruu wrote:
On Jul 24, 10:23*am, Larry wrote:

Walmart is offering an Acer AS5251-1513 for $298 this Sunday...anyone
familiar with that model? *Is it really a good buy? *With the ATI
Radeon HD 4250 graphics card, would it be good for gaming?


Thanks


Larry


I'm actually going to pick up one of these laptops tomorrow, and I'll
therefore be able to give you firsthand experience. Otherwise, it's
said to be okay for games:http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question...4233647AAUQs1a
and hehttp://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?
qid=20100718182540AAQ4VR3


Thanks for the links...I ended doing a search on the advertised AMD
processor that is included in the Acer AS5251-1513....apparently it is
only a single core processor and it likely that the computer will be a
bit slower than the dual cores. I actually got hands one with one at
Walmart. On the outside, seems like good looking and solid. Keyboard
is solid. However, sad that it has a 64bit os but only 2 gigs of ram.
However, going to 4 gigs would increase the total price to at least
$200. I suppose if you use it as is, it might be a good buy. Larry
  #4  
Old July 27th 10, 02:10 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
kikaruu
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default Walmart special on an Acer as5251-1513

On Jul 26, 9:47*am, Larry wrote:
Thanks for the links...I ended doing a search on the advertised AMD
processor that is included in the Acer AS5251-1513....apparently it is
only a single core processor and it likely that the computer will be a
bit slower than the dual cores. *I actually got hands one with one at
Walmart. *On the outside, seems like good looking and solid. Keyboard
is solid. However, sad that it has a 64bit os but only 2 gigs of ram.
However, going to 4 gigs would increase the total price to at least
$200. *I suppose if you use it as is, it might be a good buy. *Larry


Okay, I'm using the computer right now. I'm installing a fairly
intensive game as I type (Aika Online), so once it finishes, we'll see
how it performs. Oh, and the max memory this comp can support is 8 gb,
by the way, if that's a factor. As memory prices drop further, this
computer won't lose its extendability.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
XPS 420 at WalMart Tom Scales Dell Computers 17 May 28th 08 05:27 PM
Acer- Wal-Mart $348 Special [email protected] Acer Computers 4 November 5th 07 06:10 AM
Upgrading K7S41GX from Walmart Giggle Girl Overclocking AMD Processors 6 October 22nd 05 01:05 AM
Canon BCI-3 Carts at Walmart [email protected] Printers 5 June 24th 04 10:15 PM
Presario at Walmart: Any good? MIRSE Compaq Computers 5 August 4th 03 01:14 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 ComputerBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.