My VIVO has stopped working

Old May 23rd 04, 03:33 AM
J Voz

Default My VIVO has stopped working

I have an XFX 5600 Ultra with VIVO which I had been using with 53.03
drivers. Doing a little video capture from my S-VHS camcorder. Anyway,
I had upgraded to 56.72 sometime last week, then I noticed yesterday
when I went to do some more video capturing that my capture device would
not be detected by either of my capture programs.

I have tried going back to various driver versions with no luck. BTW,
what is the absolute right way to unistall and install new drivers? I
tried the way it said in the instructions from Nvidia, but every time
the computer reboots it just reinstalls the old drivers again... ugh! I
am using Windows XP Home Edition OS.

What does WDM stand for?

Is there any tool to detect (or diagnostic) the VIVO port on the video
card? I know my video source is good, just tested it all.

A lot of questions, I know! Any help would be appreciated.

JVOZ

Old May 23rd 04, 12:22 PM
The Black Wibble

"J Voz" wrote in message ...
I have an XFX 5600 Ultra with VIVO which I had been using with 53.03
drivers. Doing a little video capture from my S-VHS camcorder. Anyway,
I had upgraded to 56.72 sometime last week, then I noticed yesterday
when I went to do some more video capturing that my capture device would
not be detected by either of my capture programs.

I have tried going back to various driver versions with no luck. BTW,
what is the absolute right way to unistall and install new drivers? I
tried the way it said in the instructions from Nvidia, but every time
the computer reboots it just reinstalls the old drivers again... ugh! I
am using Windows XP Home Edition OS.

If it is to simply upgrade the your existing generic nvidia drivers to
the latest version found at www.nvdia.com, then it is just a matter of
clicking on the driver package icon and installing over top of the older
drivers. When downgrading always remember to answer "yes" when
queried about deleting newer or shared files. ~Never~ mix files from
different driver versions. To erase all nvidia gfx card drivers, use
DriverCleaner. http://www.driverheaven.net/cleaner/

What does WDM stand for?

Windows Driver Model, which is a standardised way to write driver code
to work under Windows. The trouble is only with your VIVO, right?
Download the 2.20 VIVO drivers from
http://www.nvidia.com/object/wdm_winxp-2k-Me-98se_2.20.
Disable any anti-virus software. Clicking on the driver package the first
time will begin the precedure of removing the old VIVO drivers. Clicking
on it the second time will start the actual installation.

Is there any tool to detect (or diagnostic) the VIVO port on the video
card? I know my video source is good, just tested it all.

I don't know about any low-level diagnostic tool, but this is purely a
driver issue since the VIVO problem began after installing the 56.72
drivers.

Tony.

Old May 23rd 04, 04:41 PM
J Voz

IT WORKS!!! IT WORKS!!! IT WORKS!!!!!!!!

Tony, your the man!!!

Thank you!!!

JVOZ

Old May 23rd 04, 10:38 PM
The Black Wibble

"J Voz" wrote in message ...

IT WORKS!!! IT WORKS!!! IT WORKS!!!!!!!!

Tony, your the man!!!

Thank you!!!

JVOZ

You're very welcome.