OT - Sandy Ridge Processors

Old January 30th 11, 03:07 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Von Fourche[_2_]

Default OT - Sandy Ridge Processors

I'm in the computer market again so I've started reading Consumer
Reports and such on computers. So am I right in that the famous Pentium
processor is now a low lever processor? And my Pentium duo-core is now old
and multi-core is the coming new?

I was in Sam's Club yesterday and noticed an HP with a multi-core. The
Dells they had still had duo-core.

So by this summer will we see most non-cheap computers containing
multi-core? And what this Sandy Ridge processor?

Old January 30th 11, 06:28 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
RnR[_2_]

On Sun, 30 Jan 2011 09:07:32 -0500, "Von Fourche"
wrote:

I'm in the computer market again so I've started reading Consumer
Reports and such on computers. So am I right in that the famous Pentium
processor is now a low lever processor? And my Pentium duo-core is now old
and multi-core is the coming new?

I was in Sam's Club yesterday and noticed an HP with a multi-core. The
Dells they had still had duo-core.

So by this summer will we see most non-cheap computers containing
multi-core? And what this Sandy Ridge processor?

For starters, try this
http://www.extremetech.com/category2/0,2843,507,00.asp
http://www.tomshardware.com/us/#redir

Of course there are others too. Good Luck grin !!

New DELL Vostro 460 MT with Intel 'Sandy Bridge' CPUs Jonathan Eales Dell Computers 0 January 13th 11 12:49 AM
Intel Sandy Bridge ED Intel 1 January 5th 11 03:24 PM
difference between Network processors and General Processors jain Intel 0 February 17th 07 01:19 PM
AMD Co-processors Del Cecchi General 2 May 21st 06 08:59 AM
AMD Processors - HELP! Sseaott AMD x86-64 Processors 0 June 15th 04 03:33 AM