“Hard Drive Stats for Q1 2018”

Old May 1st 18, 08:05 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Lynn McGuire[_3_]

Default “Hard Drive Stats for Q1 2018”

“Hard Drive Stats for Q1 2018”
https://www.backblaze.com/blog/hard-...s-for-q1-2018/

“As of March 31, 2018 we had 100,110 spinning hard drives. Of that
number, there were 1,922 boot drives and 98,188 data drives. This review
looks at the quarterly and lifetime statistics for the data drive models
in operation in our data centers. We’ll also take a look at why we are
collecting and reporting 10 new SMART attributes and take a sneak peak
at some 8 TB Toshiba drives. Along the way, we’ll share observations and
insights on the data presented and we look forward to you doing the same
in the comments.”

I would like to see Google's, Amazon’s, and Microsoft’s hard drive
failure rates also.

Lynn