Wanted: Cyrix/IBM 586 CPU

Old November 2nd 03, 12:42 AM
Mike Evans

Default Wanted: Cyrix/IBM 586 CPU

Hello,

Anyone in UK want to sell a Cyrix/IBM 5x86 133MHz CPU with voltage
regulator? I need one to upgrade my DOS mobo...

Mike

news at mikee eightysix pt freeserve pt co pt uk

Old November 2nd 03, 01:26 AM
Rob Stow

Mike Evans wrote:
Hello,

Anyone in UK want to sell a Cyrix/IBM 5x86 133MHz CPU with voltage
regulator? I need one to upgrade my DOS mobo...

Mike

news at mikee eightysix pt freeserve pt co pt uk

LOL! A few months ago I threw away a small box that
had about 15 those, a few 486's, and a few slower Pentiums
(100 to 166 MHz) when I couldn't find anyone who
would take them off my hands for *free*.

--
Reply to newsgroup only please. This e-mail account is real
but effectively abandoned because of excessive spamming.
Old November 2nd 03, 12:02 PM
Jorg

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 23:42:48 -0000, "Mike Evans"
wrote:

Hello,

Anyone in UK want to sell a Cyrix/IBM 5x86 133MHz CPU with voltage
regulator? I need one to upgrade my DOS mobo...

Mike

news at mikee eightysix pt freeserve pt co pt uk

I would have a 100 mhz version (5x86) that I don't use. It doesn't do
133 ..
I also got an amd486dx-100 with 16kb cache which on most boards isn't
much slower.